Septic tanks need proper maintenance to work properly. The neglect of these tanks can only lead to foul odour, backup of wastewater in the household drains, and other unpleasant experiences you wouldn’t want to face. To all the residents in Cochrane who have a septic tank, Steelhead Ventures Ltd. would like to mention a few tips on maintaining them.
- Keep the location of the septic tank recorded for future use.
- Get professionals to regularly inspect the tank.
- Use biodegradable toilet paper so that it can breakdown easily.
- Minimize water consumption to limit wastewater supply to the tank.
- Pump out the tank at regular intervals (once every three to five years).
- Avoid using harsh chemicals to clean the drain.
- Avoid putting non-biodegradable items down the drain.
- Avoid building or paving on top of the septic tank.
- Do not plant trees or shrubs near the surface of the septic tank.
- Avoid driving or parking over the tank or drain field.
- Always call for a professional if any backup occurs.
Get in touch with us if you may have any queries.